The Color Purple

Now this is the Art in Every Day I'm talking about! This beauty welcomes our

appreciation of it. It was a wondrously, glorious and beautiful day to celebrate Nature's beauty at the Lilac Festival
!

Who would have thought there are so many different varieties and shades of lilacs!
The wind was blowing when I took that first photo...but even though it's a little blurry...it makes it easier for you to smell the lilac's windblown fragrance...right?















Appreciating and sharing Mother Nature's jewels is another way to honor being Creative Every Day*. The Lilac Fest donned bountiful, fragrant and numerous varieties of lilacs.
.
We heard lots of "ooos" and "ahhhs"...and we were giddy as we stopped to "smell the flowers". The clear blue sky and Spring breeze werethe perfect backdrop to show off these lilacious gems!


Isn't this one gorgeous! Its color is a pinkish purple, and the flowers grow elongated on the branch vs. in clusters like the others.

Nature's beauty knows no boundaries... it overflows...and grows. What a gift to have such beauty around us.

Thank you God, thank you Universe, thank you Spirit, thank you Mother Nature, thank you Father Sun...thank you... thank you... thank you...for this captivating slideshow of your creativity.
.
*Click that link above,or the badge on my sidebar to see Leah's "Creative Every Day 2008" project -

Comments

Debra said…
Dearest Cheryl,

Thank you so much for the very kind and thoughtful note that you left on my blog! Your words truly touched my heart and I am so glad that I was led to your beautiful site! I will definitely check into all of the info that you suggested. Like you, I have tried many different things, so I am always open to trying something new. I am sorry that you too, have lived with a chronic condition. It certainly gives you another vantage point from which to learn from life. I am always learning.

Your blog is lovely and I look forward to reading through it. Your kind spirit really shines through in your beautiful artwork! These lilacs are absolutely gorgeous. I can just smell their fragrance when I look at the pictures.

Thanks again! I really look forward to getting to know more about you. I will be back!

Love and hugs,
Debbie
Anonymous said…
oh cheryl, if only you knew how much I love lilacs and that they dont grow here!!! I smelt their perfume as much a s ai could last year in the UK to get my fill of their wonderous purple colour and scent. I hope they develop a hybrid one day that tolerates hotter temps and could then grrwo here!!
Anonymous said…
Our lilac festival was last week...AMAZING and so fragrant!! I have bushes of them...My favorite flower!!
Thanks for sharing Cheryl!!
Leah said…
mm, i could definitely smell the lilacs from looking at your pictures!! and i agree, appreciating and sharing mother nature's beauty is such a wonderful way to infuse your everyday life with creativity!!
Gabi Greve said…
Such lovely colors!
They remind me of home in Germany!

Gabi from Japan

a Mandala friend